I love reflecting on the past year as I eagerly focus ahead for the coming year. It is a time that I take stock of the great experiences that I've had, as well as having a good hard look at the lessons that I have learned from the tough and challenging times as well.
In the past couple of weeks I have read over past blog posts and have picked out the most popular blog posts of 2016, counting down to the most popular.
10. At a writer’s workshop in my local writer’s group, find out what we learnt about using similes and metaphors to make your writing sing. Interesting stories are included.
9. Ester de Boer’s illustrator school visit is a success. Find out what she got up to at a local primary school that had them giggling.
8. Ever wondered if you should attend a Creative Weekend? Find out what happened when I took the plunge at a Creative Workshop Weekend in Bright, Victoria. The same might happen for you.
7. Check out my interview with Karen Tyrell and her latest book, Song Bird: Superhero, and find out why it should be on your kids 'to be read list'.
6. Have you ever wondered what it is like to live on the Autism Spectrum. Get some insight from my son, Brandon, as he chats candidly about living with Asperger’s in a Neurotypical world and not giving up.
5. Have you ever wondered what it is like to pursue a writing career and be a single parent? Is it even possible? Find out from someone who knows. Meet Robert Vescio, a children’s author and single parent.
4. The life is tough. The writing life can be tough. Have you ever wanted to give up? I have. Find out why, and how I fought back. I hope these tips will encourage you on your life journey.
3. Author school visits are all part of an author’s life. Find out about how I prepared for my first school visit, and how it went.
2. Wondering whether you should go to the KidLitVic2017 Meet the Publishers Conference in Melbourne next year? Don’t know what to expect? Find out about my take on the conference, as well as links to other authors' blog posts who went too.
And the top post for 2016…
1. The exciting announcement that Ester and I have our book, Raymund and the Fear Monster, coming out late 2017. It is a book about overcoming fear.
2016 has been an amazing year. I thank you all for being such wonderful supporters of my blog. I appreciate the time it takes to click and share; to post a comment either here, Facebook, or Twitter; or to send me an email.
If you want me to tackle something in particular, please email me, or pm me on Facebook or Twitter.
I have some new topics lined up, and some authors are coming for a visit. So stay tuned. Look out 2017, here we come.
Like this? Please share with your friends.
On my blog you will find:
You can find more about me, and read my children's stories at Creative Kids Tales
Click to set custom HTML
The content on this website and blog is information only and the author is not liable for what you, the reader, do (or not do) with that information.